Reversing Heart Disease Without Drugs or Surgery

Reversing Heart Disease Without Drugs or Surgery
Eat To Live - Eat For Health

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Excuses Are Not Natural

This is something I have had to learn and relearn and am still learning again every day. Every day there are so many excuses we can use to hold us back from our potential.

Every one of these excuses does nothing for us to help us improve our quality of life and they are not a part of our nature. A little baby doesn't make any excuses. The baby just exists and does. Even if a baby cannot do something it doesn't even phase him/her. They just keep trying and eventually they walk and then run.

What is the potential of our human body? This is something I am always thinking about. This weekend when I did a 54 mile bike ride I wanted to push myself closer to my physical potential.

If you read the book, Ultra Marathon Man, you will start to understand our true physical potential. Dean Karnazes has ran 350 miles in a row. It took him 81 hours to complete this task. He has also completed a 12 man 200 mile relay over 8 times by himself.

The plus to reading this book is it is facsinating and a really good book. If Dean Karnazes can do that and Jack Lalanne can do 1,023 pushups in 23 minutes on National television then what is my excuse. These inspirational people let me know that I can do incredible things with my body and mind.

I also recommend watching 50 Marathons in 50 Days. It's a documentary where Dean Karnazes runs 50 marathons in 50 days. Medical researchers did tests on him and found that after doing 50 marathons in a row his body had suffered less muscle damage than someone who ran one marathon.

Excuses are not natural. Don't let excuses keep you from staying physically fit, mentally fit, and getting the most out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment