Reversing Heart Disease Without Drugs or Surgery

Reversing Heart Disease Without Drugs or Surgery
Eat To Live - Eat For Health

Monday, January 18, 2010

Is Eating Healthy Food Boring?

We have heard it since we were a baby. Eating healthy food is boring. Making dishes that are good for us is way too boring for the normal person to ever want to do it.

Did our creator design us to hate simple natural foods? It would be strange if we were designed that way. We would be the only species on the planet to reject the simple foods from the Earth on the grounds that they are too boring.

In my own personal experience I have found this myth to be totally untrue. As I have tried to get closer and closer to eating like Jack Lalanne I have found my dishes becoming simpler, but if you know what you are doing you can make healthy food that is incredible.

I used to crave junk food and bacon double cheeseburgers. I would order the "Meat" lovers pizzas with my friends.

Now I crave vegetables. Huge vegetable salads with my creamy tomato dressing from the Eat to Live book or my creamy chili lime dressing.

Any dish that is lacking vegetables is boring to me now. My girl friend makes some of the best food there is. She recently started making her San Bei Tofu with brown rice and it is incredible, but the dish is not complete without lots of lightly steam fried broccoli.

When we visited my niese who is only 2 years old I wanted to see if she would like healthy foods. The majority of the time I was there she would never finish anything. She would be handed every type of junk food you could think of from cookies to doughnuts and these foods weren't satisying enough to finish. I made her a fruit salad and gave her bananas and pumpkin seeds and she ate them all up. It was one of the first times she wan't being a picky eater.

It is so thrilling to know that I was designed to eat vegetables and the more I eat of them the more I crave them. Every single morning I can't wait to make my green smoothie with kale or spinach and fruit. If I go one day without this incredible dish I go into vegetable withdrawals. It's good. Having a $400 blender makes it a little better than a normal blender, but it is really good.

Dr. Milton Mills found that out of 19 different physiological charateristics, humans have all of these 19 characteristics in common with herbivores.

I rest easy knowing that the creator of this universe with millions of galaxies designed my body to consume plant foods and to enjoy them.

Every single meal I have is leading me to crave more healthy foods that help me keep my total cholesterol below 150.



May all beings everywhere be happy, peaceful, healthy, and joyful

May all beings everywhere be happy and free from suffering

No comments:

Post a Comment